#CarrotBeansPoriyal #CarrotBeansStirfry : Generally I used to prepare carrot poriyal only with grated carrot only. But in hotels chopped carrot poriyal is always being served during the meal for lunch and it tastes differently from poriyal done with grated carrot. I would like to try that carrot poriyal of hotel style one day. Finally, it happened and I made it a few days back. I prepared carrot poriyal using chopped carrot, beans and green peas. I have included beans and green peas to make the poriyal colorful. Here comes the method.
|1 cup||Carrot chopped into 1/4 inch cubes|
|7 - 8||Beans, chop nicely|
|1 Tbsp||Green peas|
|1 Tbsp||Onion chopped|
|1/4 Tsp||Red chilly powder|
|1/2 Tsp||Sambar powder|
|1 Tbsp||Coconut scraping|
|To Temper :|
|1/2 Tsp||Mustard seeds|
|1 Tsp||Black gram split|
|2 - 3||Red chilly|
- Take carrot, beans and green peas in a pressure cooker.
- Add Sambar powder, red chilly powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Close the lid and put weight on.
- Cook for a whistle on high flame and turn off the stove.
- Immediately release the steam and transfer cooked vegetables into a bowl.
- Now heat a kadai on a stove over medium flame with oil.
- After crackling mustard add red chilly pieces and black gram split.
- Roast till it becomes golden color.
- Then add onion and saute until it changes transparent.
- Now add cooked vegetables and adjust salt.
- Stir well to remove excess water.
- Finally add coconut scraping and stir for a while.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Colorful tasty and healthy carrot beans poriyal is ready to eat.
- Goes well with all mixed rice, sambar rice and rasam rice.