I love banana muffins, cupcakes and bread. I wanted to try a new variety of banana muffin and was googling for recipes, but most of the ones I found had either too much butter or maida (refined flour). I wanted to make muffins which was healthy to an extent. So I thought I will just try my own proportions and ingredients and see how it goes.
And voila the result was amazing super moist and fluffy muffins. And the smell of banana muffins baking in the oven was amazing . I love to eat the batter as it is as well.., that s the reason couple of my muffins turned out small as I had gobbled up the batter before I could bake them..
Here is my version of banana muffins..
Makes-12 regular muffins
Ripe bananas - 2
Butter - 50 gramsBrown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1 large
Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
Raisins - 1/2 cup
1. Take butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat it on high for 40 secs to 1 min till it melts , or over medium heat in a saucepan.
3. Mash the bananas using a fork or use a potato masher. You can leave some lumps as it tastes really good after baking.
4. Add melted butter and 1 egg to the mashed banana and mix well.
5. Add the sugar and mix till partly dissolved and add vanilla essence now.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients just mix till well combined using a wooden spatula.
The muffins after they were baked.
You can see how moist and light the muffins turned out.
They are delicious when warm and can be stored for 3-4 days. This quantity makes around 12 medium sized muffins.