Search this blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Instant Lemon Idiyappam

#InstantLemonIdiyappam : I have never made fresh #idiyappam till now. But here in Germany I was craving for idiyappam for a while. We get MTR rice sevai at the Indian stores, but I don't like the texture of it. 'Then I came across Chinese Rice noodles. When I tried this recipe using rice noodles I just feel in love with the dish. I make this often , when I do not want to spend loads of time in the kitchen. For this recipe you can use Rice noodles the 0.5mm one or any other thickness. Also the ready made rice sevai ( MTR, Anil , Etc.. ) can be used . But nothing can replace the fresh idiyappam. I ll tell amma to post it soon.

Instant Lemon Idiyappam

Ingredients

Rice noodles - one packet
Lemon - 1
Mustard           - 2 tsp
urad dal           - 2 tsp
channa dal       - 2 tsp
ground nuts     - 1/4 cup
curry leave      - 15-20 leaves
chillies            - 2 (finely chopped)
salt                 - 1 1/2 - 2 tsp
oil                  - 2 tsp O(I used olive oil, but any regular oul can be used)
turmeric powder- a pinch
asefotida          - 1/2 tsp



Method
  • Prepare the rice noodles/ sevai as per the instruction given on the pack.
Instant Idiyappam


  • Drain the rice noodles and keep it aside. In the mean time heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.



Instant Idiyappam


  • Once the oil is hot add mustard, wait for it to splutter and then add urad dal, channa dal and groundnuts. Fry it for a minute and then add asefotida and turmeric.
  • Next add Green chillies , curry leave and salt.

  • Saute these for a minute and switch off the heat. Then add lemon juice from one lemon.
  • Add the rice noodles . sevai and mix well. 
Instant Lemon Idiyappam
  • Once its thoroughly mixed ,garnish it with coriander and serve it. 
Optional : 
I like to have some sweet after my dinner , so I keep aside a small quantity of the plain rice noodles and add some sugar and desiccated coconut to it. But this should be eaten immediately as the sugar tends to form a liquid at the bottom.





You might like to try
Idiyappm [ Rice sevai - rice noodles ]
Idiyappm [ Rice sevai - rice noodles ]
Lemon Idiyappam
Lemon Idiyappam -
Lemon rice noodles
Sweet Idiyappam
Sweet Idiyappam -
Sweet rice noodles 

No comments:

Post a Comment