Search this blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Panna Cotta

#PannaCotta : I have heard about this dessert and seen in some cookery competitions. I have tasted it at some buffets of five star hotels. I never thought that one day I would make it at home and it would taste just like the one I tasted in those hotels. Yes! I made it yesterday.
Actually my daughter bought two fresh cream tetra pack to make Paneer butter masala when she was here in India two months back on her vacation . But one unused pack was lying in my fridge. I told her over phone that I don't know what to do with that cream. She suggested me to search for a good recipe for Panna cotta, a dessert.
I searched many web sites and wikipedia. I do not want to buy any extra cream or gelatin for it. It has to be prepared with whatever ingredients available with me.
After going through all the recipes and the instruction over the gelatin pack I prepared panna cotta in my own way. Instruction given on the 9gm gelatin pack is that 'this pack is just enough to set 500ml of liquid'. I kept that in my mind and started preparing panna cotta.

panna cotta


Ingredients :
1 1/4 CupMilk
1 CupFresh Cream
1/2 CupSugar
9 gmGelatin
1/2 TspVanilla Essence

Method :
Combine milk, cream and sugar in a vessel.
Heat over a slow flame by stirring continuously to dissolve sugar completely.
Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove.

Simmer milk, cream and sugar mixture

Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of water in a bowl.
Allow to stand for 7 to 10 minutes.
It has to be soaked exactly for 7 to 10 minutes only.
After 7 -10 minutes the gelatin would have dissolved completely and bulged up  absorbing water.

Gelatin after soaked in water for 10 minutes

Both simmering milk and dissolving gelatin in water should happen simultaneously and the process should end at the same time.

Take away the boiled milk cream mixture from the stove and keep on the platform.
Immediately transfer the dissolved gelatin into milk cream mixture.
Whisk with a fork or whisker until gelatin dissolves completely with milk cream mixture.

Whisk milk cream mixture with gelatin

Finally add vanilla essence.

Vanilla essence added to gelatin mixed milk cream mixture

Pour into cups or ramekins.
I don't have ramekins. So I poured into cups.
Allow to cool down to room temperature.

Poured in bowls to set panna cotta

Close it with cling wrapper.

Close panna cotta filled bowls with cling wrapper

keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.


After five hours panna cotta is ready to relish.
Top it with any fruit sauce and fruits.

When I prepared I didn't have any fruits or jam. So I poured melted dark chocolate over it and enjoyed.

Panna Cotta topped with dark chocolate

The panna cotta, a very rich creamy delicious dessert!!... yummy... Those who are Dieting,  kindly avoid this creamy dessert!! It might be heavy on your stomach....!!...





You might also like to try

rasagulla
rasagulla
Dulce de leche [ Milk candy ]
milk candy
Instant Doodh Peda
Instant peda
Molded Chocolate
dark chocolate
aval kesari
aval kesari
cocoa chocolate
cocoa chocolate

For other sweet recipes

Sweet

For other Desserts

Desserts

For other recipes

Recipe Index





No comments:

Post a Comment